Bring an intimate event of music, food, and socialization to your home for your family and friends, and give us and our music an opportunity to get up close and personal with you!
WHAT IS A HOUSE SHOW?
A house show is a gathering of friends, family, and neighbors to enjoy live music in a living room, backyard, studio, or other private space. The shows tend to be very intimate, varying between 20 and 100 people, depending on the size of the space. Every house show is different and depends on the kind of event the host would like to create!
WHO CAN HOST?
Anyone can host a house show! All that is required is access to a space that can comfortably fit 20 listeners or more, and friends and family that enjoy good music! We can do a house show anywhere in the lower 48 United States, though sometimes there will be a waiting period depending on our tour schedules. If you're interested in booking a house show outside of the United States, let us know and we'll notify you when we're scheduling a tour to your country!
WHO CAN ATTEND?
Typically, house shows are private, or by invitation only, so you decide who can attend. These hosts usually invite family, friends, neighbors, and colleagues. Others prefer extending the invitation to the public, and providing the address of the show once the guest has RSVPed.
Since we try to keep our house shows as an intimate listening experience, we recommend that parents find a babysitter for infants and children out of respect for the other listeners. However, this is not a hard rule and is up to the hosts and/or parents to decide.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We usually ask for a suggested donation of $10-$15 per guest. We never ask for a set cover charge at our house shows because we don't want anyone to be left out if they are unable to pay. However, some hosts prefer to treat their guests and provide a free show for them by paying a set fee.
HOW DO I PLAN MY HOUSE SHOW?
We will help you! We've provided a step-by-step guide to putting together your event, and we are happy to guide you every step of the way.
1. Decide on a space for your show and determine the number of guests the space will accommodate. If the space is outdoors, make sure you have a backup plan for bad weather!
2. Choose who you would like to invite. Will your show be private or public?
3. Contact us and we can start looking at potential dates for your show! Once a date and time has been confirmed, we can start working out the details.
4. Make it your own! Decide what kind of party you want to throw and think about these questions to make it unique:
- Do I want to provide food or beverage for my guests? (some ideas: potluck, coffee and snacks, wine and appetizers) Ask them to bring their own? Or do I want the event to be purely musical?
- What will the seating arrangement be like? Will all guests need a seat or will some be comfortable sitting on the floor? Will my guests need to bring their own chair?
- Do I want to decorate my space? What kind of atmosphere am I going for? What kind of lighting do I want?
- What kind of invitations will I send out? Is an email okay or do I want to invest time in handmade invites?
LOOKS GREAT, I'M READY TO BOOK MY SHOW!
We're so excited to create this special event with you! Fill out the form to the right to start planning your house show! If you have a specific date in mind or a special vision for your show, please include that in your message.
WAIT, I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS!
If you want more information about our house shows, fill out what you can and include any questions you may have in your message!